Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"We can be WE" - A Poem

Can't you love me for what’s in my heart
How we're the same
Not how we're apart

Can't you see inside and realize
We all see through
Different colored eyes

Our skin is never the exact same hue
How can who I am ever threaten you
Why can't we seem to live and let live
Instead of forcing our narrow perspective

Don't you see how boring it would be
If we're the same
Everyone like me

There would be nothing to light the fire
To infuriate
Or to inspire

None of us love in the exact same way
Whether, lesbian, straight, bi or gay
A transgendered person has the same soul
Who am I to tell them how to feel whole

Why must we fill our hearts with hate?
Life is too short
Love is innate

All of us thrive beneath the moon and sun
Very diverse
And all of us one.

Don't define yourself through my choices
We all have Independent voices
You can be you and I can be me
Even if we differ we can be we

No comments:

Post a Comment